Triple Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
For one 9-inch round cheesecake, you will need:
16 ounces of softened cream cheese
½ Cup white sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ Cup canned pumpkin
¾ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon ground cloves
¼ Teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (If you can’t find pumpkin spice, you can make it: ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground allspice.)
1 Cup Cool-whip
9-inch prepared pie crust (graham cracker is recommended)
1 Tablespoon cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg combined to your liking (go easy on the cloves)
For a 9”X13” pan, double the recipe. For an easier step on the crust, take two 9” graham crusts and crumble them into the bottom of the 9”x13” pan. Bake in oven according to instructions until golden. Feel free to pour the cheesecake in the warm crust. It will help adhere the crust.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Combined softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and mix extremely well. Add your eggs one by one until the mixture is evenly colored and not too runny.
3. Take 1 cup of the batter out and spread it over the bottom of your pie crust for layer #1.
4. To the remaining batter, add your pumpkin, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Blend well.
5. Carefully pour the pumpkin batter over the plain cheesecake batter. With a spatula, lightly spread the pumpkin until it fills the pie crust evenly. The pie won’t be evenly flat; it should probably round a little in the center—that’s okay. This is layer #2.
6. I place my pie on a baking sheet to protect it from spill over, but each to his own. Either way, put it in the oven on the top rack and bake for 35 minutes.
7. When you take the cheesecake out, it’ll still wobble a little but should be slightly golden on the sides. Allow it to cool completely.
8. In a bowl, gently mix your whipped topping and the mixture of seasonings at the bottom of the ingredients list. Fold the whipped topping over the top of the cooled pie for Layer #3.
Alternatively, you could spread your cool whips topping and then lightly dust the top with the mixture of seasonings.
9. Allow the pie to sit in the fridge overnight (or at least 4 hours) before serving.
It’s great with your favorite coffee. I suggest a spicy coffee, or chai tea.